Connected Kids is our after-school club. It provides opportunities for young people to have fun, make new friends and take part in lots of activities and trips.
What do they do?
Our activities include:
- participating in our community gardens, growing their own fruit and vegetables;
- looking after the beehives and making honey;
- participating in fund-raising activities to enable them to do additional activities they identify with;
- cooking both for themselves and one another, for their parents and undertaking competitions like ‘Come Dine with Me’;
- participate in sports and dance using the centre’s multi-purpose ball courts;
- general arts, crafts and play activities through the various facilities based within the centre.
These activities help kids to build social networks with peers and, as individuals, build confidence and self-esteem.
Out and about
Our kids also get the opportunity to go on educational visits to cultural and historical places across the North East. We can also access well-subsidised fun trips to places or activities such as the cinema, climbing wall, ice-staking and bowling. We make every effort, at least annually, to run a residential trip and at times can even be found camping in the community gardens at the Meadows!
Come and have a go and see what you think
Any kid aged 8-13 is welcome at Connected Kids Club
We’re open Monday to Thursday 3.15 – 6 pm during term-time and 10 am - 4 pm Monday to Thursday during part of school the holidays.
For £1.00 kids can enjoy 2½ hours of fun, social interaction and learning and will have a bite to eat as well!
To support working parents, we also do a walking train directly from local primary schools. For an extra £1.50 we will collect your kid from school, taking them safely directly to the Meadows to allow you can relax and concentrate on work until collection time between 5.45 - 6.00 pm
For more information contact our Lead Play Worker Sarah McDonald
T: 0191 341 0033